Monday, October 13, 2014

Names and descriptions of God #13




Sorry guys and gals, I was out of town last week and was not able to get devotions out. Today let's finish up the names and descriptions of God. I hope you have enjoyed these as much as me.



My Salvation-Exodus 15:2





2 The Lord is my strength and my song,

and he has become my salvation;

this is my God, and I will praise him,

my father's God, and I will exalt him.



Thank God for our salvation, for it is found in no other! Here is the definition of Salvation: the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc. Because we a re sinners, Jesus saved us from hell if we put our faith in Him and follow Him the rest of our days. Thank Jesus today for being your salvation!



The Good Shepherd-John 10:11

11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.



We are the sheep that have gone astray but we have a loving Shepherd that comes after us to rescue us! Even to die for us...wow! Sheep are considered dumb animals...we are the sheep! Thank God we have the Good Shepherd to lead and protect us! Amen?



My Stronghold-Psalm 18:2





2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,

my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,

my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.



I like to think of my Stronghold as my Anchor. Once God digs in nothing can move Him. I am so blessed to have God as my stronghold. One who never changes and loves me like no other! Oh what a stronghold we have in Jesus!



The Good Teacher-Mark 10:17

17 And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”



I am so grateful of the fact I have the One with all the answers to life to follow-Jesus! He always wants whats best for us and has given us everything we need to know in the bible. All the answers to life are given to us by the Good Teacher! Thank you Jesus!



So we wrap up the last day of looking at the names and descriptions of God by learning God is Our Salvation, The Good Shepherd, Our Stronghold, and the Good Teacher.



God is our everything! There are many more names and descriptions of God I did not mention. I challenge you to find them! It will deepen your walk with Him as you learn more and more about Him!



Tom

____

No comments:

Post a Comment