Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Well done or depart?




I went to a revival service last night and my Pastor friend Randy Mutter brought out an interesting point on serving the Lord I had never seen put together before and i wanted to share it with you.



One day we will all stand before the Lord and give an account of our service to Him. Now remember this, works or service do not save you. A relationship with Jesus Christ saves you. Now when you are truly saved service and works should flow out from you because of your love for the Lord. That is why he has given you talents and abilities...to serve Him and others!



Now here is the point Brother Randy brought out.....When you stand before God one of two things will be said:



Matthew 25:21

His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'



or



Matthew 25:31

30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’



You see in this story there were three servants. Two did well with what they were given and we welcomed home into heaven. One did nothing with what he was given and was cast into hell.



So here is a the questions to ask ourselves: 1. Have I given my life to Jesus Christ. 2. Do I now serve Jesus because I am His servant? 3. Which of the two verses will God say to me?



Something for us all to chew on today and then do what God leads us to do!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment