Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blood trail.

I was fortunate to get in the woods this morning to do some deer hunting before work. Saturday was the official opening day but I was out of town so today was my opening day. I was about 10 minutes away from leaving my hunting spot when a doe appeared and was making her way to me. I made the shot with my crossbow and had to trail her blood trail to find her and I did about 70 yards from where I shot her. As I have thought about the blood trail it reminded me of Christ's blood trail to the cross on our behalf. For some the thought of blood may be grusome. But for our faith it is absoluely neccessary!!!! Look at these verses:

Romans 3:23-26
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Really take time to read these verses to see what they say. We all are sinners is what verse 23 tells us...every single one of us except Christ! Verse 24 tells us only by His grace are we justified or made right in God's eyes. We don't deserve heaven but by His grace He offers it by His shed blood which verse 25 tells us. Jesus was a propitiation or a sacrifice for our sins. When we truly believe Jesus died for our sins (faith) God passes over our sins that we have previously comitted and will commit in the future. Then verse 26 tells us God is righteous and He is the justifier of those who have faith in Christ! He will be the judge of those who don't.

So we can see this morning that the blood trail to Calvary in which we find Jesus on the cross giving His life for our sins is a great reward to those who put their trust in Jesus....what is the reward...eternal life with Jesus in heaven....thank you Jesus!!! I praise you Holy name...the name above all names, King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!!

So you hunters next time you are trailing a deer I hope this pops into your mind....blood is needed for the reward!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment