Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11/2001

Today I want us to remember 9/11. It is hard to believe it has been 8 years since that tragic day. As I am sure you do I still remember where I was at and what I was doing. The total shock when the second plane hit and we realized this was not an accident. I am still shocked that somebody could pull this off in the United States. What amazes me even more is that their are evil people in this world who would take innocent lives without any reservation. So today I am going to say a prayer and if you would like to add your prayer please do so. For the friends and families of those who lost loved ones on this day please remember we will never forget and you are in our prayers.

Heavenly Father,

We come to you with heavy hearts this morning. Lord eight years ago today once again man's sin struck causing great loss of life. We don't understand Lord why things like this happen but we do know You are in complete control. We come this morning asking you to comfort the families who have lost loved ones as only you can on this tragic day so many years ago. God we also come this morning praying for our enemies as your Word tells us to love them which I will confess to you this morning is so very hard to do. God we pray that they will have a change of heart and come to see Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives. Lord help us with our prejudices and remember that you are the Creator of all and that you love all. Lord please be with our soldiers who protect our freedom each day. Be with their families as they also sacrifice on our behalf. Also Lord please be with those who risk their lives each day to keep us safe police officers, firemen, and rescue personel. Lord again be with the families of the victums of 9/11. This morning we give you all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise for you alone are worthy.

In Jesus name I pray....amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment