Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where is your focus??

As deer hunting season approaches and the excitement for hunters rises I had a thought come to mind. Where is our focus these days? I enjoy hunting. It takes a great amount of time and effort to be ready to try and harvest a deer. I have been out putting up stands and scouting and getting my share of chiggers! During the hours I spend in the woods and reading about deer hunting and watching hunting shows I am focused on hunting. I believe we need to be very careful to make sure our hobby doesn't become our God. Look at today's verse:

Isaiah 26:3

3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

The verse says God will keep us in perfect peace if our mind stays on Him. For if our mind stays on God it proves we trust God. With everything going on in the world today it is very hard to stay focused on anything let alone God. IT CAN BE DONE!! It takes effort and constant reminder to keep focused on God. It is very dangerous to put things before God no matter what your hobby. I have heard many of my friends say things like "hunting is my passion", or "I can worship God while hunting". Our passion in life as believers should be seeing others come to Christ. If hunting is our passion it has become our God and God does not like that. It can be many other things too like sports, relationships, or even our jobs. When folks say I can worship while hunting that is awesome and yes it can be done but where the problem lies is when we choose hunting over worshipping in the house of the Lord. We can make all the excuses we want to but God has told us to not forsake the gathering of His people to worship Him.

So I say all that to ask you this where is your focus? Where is your mind staying most of the time? I will be honest....for me I have to fight to saty focused on God. The devil is very good at diverting our attention away from God. Be very careful and stay focused and enjoy the peace only God can give!

Praise the Lord today!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment