Friday, September 18, 2009

Got a physical problem?

As I was preparing to preach this coming Sunday I came across this verse wwhich I haven't read in some time but it made me do some thinking. Here is the verse:

2 Corinthians 12:7

7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

Now really take time to think a little on this one. The apostle Paul, writer of the majority of the New Testament. God gave him great revelation to write on behalf of God himself. But Paul had a physical problem. A big one as he says it tormented him. There has been great specualtion as to what his problem was from his eyes, to his apperance, to many other things. We really do not know what the problem was but it was significant to Paul. Paul says his thorn was to keep him from becoming conceited because God had used him in such a great way. My point this morning is this....if Paul needed something to keep him humble before God could it be the problem we have is for the same purpose? As I am sitting here thinking on this myslef it is a definite possibility. So when we are having our pity party for our physical problem maybe we need to refocus and praise God for keeping us humble before the King!

Let me here your thoughts on this!

Have a great weekend!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment