Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I shall not want!

I hope to get back in my routine!!! Sorry about missing the devotions again. I have been reading a Max Lucado book and he shared this thought a few days ago and it has stuck with me so I want to share it with you. Here is the verse:

The Lord is my sheperd;I shall not want. Psalm 23:1

Really take a moment and think about what that is saying. WOW! Can I say that and mean it? Good question huh? I have lots of wants....hmmm lets see.... new boat, new gun, big buck to come walking by, ahhh 10 lb bass, and the list goes on and on. What about you what can you add? We have become prisoners to wants in our society. Thnk fully God has blessed me with all of my needs but it is the wants that causes problems. We are greedy! We are coveting people. My buddy has this and that and I want it too! The root of this problem is we think these wants will provide happiness! Guess what they won't...atleast lasting happiness. Think about this....how many times have you satisfied that want? Then after a couple of weeks or months that happiness from that want is gone and something else is now needed! True satisfaction in life is not obtained from things is obtained from God. We will not be content until we are content in Christ. Look at what Paul says in Phil. 4:11-12:

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

And in verse 13 Paul says He finds his strength in Christ....that is where our needs are to be met and focused on in Christ and serving Him!

So what is it you need this morning? If you are full, have clothes, and a roof over your head....there is nothing you need. Be content in Christ for Jesus is your sheperd and He loves you and died for you that should make us pretty content!

Thank you Jesus for the blessing you have given us....help us to be content in you for You are good!

Have a great day folks!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment