Monday, September 28, 2009

Life is a short assignment!

Have you ever thought of life that way? God has given us life as a short prep for getting ready for eternity. Think on that as you read these verses:

Psalm 39:4

4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.

2 Corinthians 4:18

18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

If you are like me I need to be reminded daily that I am here for just a short time. My dad has told me for years that as you get older life goes by faster and he is right. I can not believe how fast a week goes by. So I need to ask my self each day have I accomplished what God has placed in my path today?

The 2 Corninthians verse tells us how we are to be looking at life. Be looking for the things that are unseen as those things will last for eternity. What are those things? They are the things God places in our path each day to accomplish for him such as witnessing, and helping others. When we do those things it brings blessings that we will receive in heaven which will last for ever!!! Praise God!

The things we see such as money, material things, ect. is just temporary and we won'y be taking them with us so why in the world do we put those things in front of God? Pure greed is all I can think of.

So today remember we are on assignment, we have a job to do for the Lord, how are you doing on your task? One day soon we will be home with the Lord so let us be busy about His work!

Have a great week!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment