Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sin...help me to see it.

Afew devotions back we talked about how important God's Word is and was declared to us in Pslam 19. As we finish this Psalm today we look at our own sin which the Word, when we are in it, will reveal to us. So here is today's verses:

Pslam 19:12-14

12 Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse me from secret faults.
13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

I like the way verse 12 starts out. "Who can understand his errors?" Well we all can if we are reading the Word of God because He reveals our sins to us! We all seem to have a sin or two that we constantly struggle with. We also need to be in prayer that God will cleanse us fron those secret faults. Another thought on this is sometimes we have sin that we don't consider sin like gossip for example. We want our relationship with God to be as pure as possible and ask God to reveal these hidden sins so we can remove them from our lives.

Verse 13 David asks God to keep him from presumptuous sins. One definiton of presumptuous sin is unwarrantedly or impertinently bold; forward. David of all people could relate to this kind of sin if you think about his sin with Bathsheba. Adultery and murder...he was very bold and forward. We need God's asistance on just plain out right bold sin. Do you have or have you had any of these? If you said no then you better think a little harder!!! We should pray as David asks don't let our sin have dominion over us and help us to be innocent of any great transgression against God!!

Then verse 14 David ends with a request. It is a request we all need to be seeking from God. God please let the words that come from my mouth and the thoughts that are deep in my heart be acceptable to You. All servants of God need to cry out to God each day with those words. For God and God alone is our Strength, Redeemer, and Lord.

What great Words these verse are for us this morning. Meditate on them and then apply them.

Have a great day!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment