Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are we rejoicing?

This is a very simple verse this morning but the question is are we doing it?

Philippians 4:4

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

As I am sure you do I rejoice in the Lord often. But there is a litttle word in this verse that makes a big difference. That word is always! If I examine my life this morning I can't honestly say that I rejoice in the Lord always! For example I am at home sick this morning as I woke up with a fever and have all that head cogestion junk going on. It is very hard to rejoice in the Lord when you are sick. As I thought about this though, being sick in no excuse not to rejoice because as I look around I am blessed way more than I deserve. My cold is nothing compared to someone who is batteling cancer. The more I thought about this the more I began to rejoice in the Lord. For rejoicing in the Lord should have nothing to do with how I feel but it should be based on the love I know my Savior has for me. Jesus proved that by taking my place on the cross so I can have eternal life. Thank you Jesus!

As I am writing this devotion this morning I have found myself rejoicing in the Lord. No matter what is going on in our lives if we have a relationship with Jesus we should be rejoicing! The key is to keep our focus on Jesus and off of the world or ourselves!

So are you rejoicing this morning? You should be for God is good!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment