Monday, March 15, 2010

Want a crown?

Good Monday Morning to you. On Friday in the devotion we talked about fighting the good fight, finishing the race, and keeping the faith. Today I want you to see what lies ahead after you do these 3 things!

Read this verse:

2 Timothy 4:8
8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

That crown is out there for all of us! Can you imagine standing before the Lord and having Him place a crown on your head??? WOW! Let me remind you though at this point receiving this crown is not easy! It is hard work following after Christ and living a righteous life. As Paul stated in verse 7 in talking about the good fight! It is a fight no question about that. I think this verse shows how much God really loves us. The reason I say that is that no matter how faithful we are to Christ we are not worthy of a crown but God will give a crown to the righteous and we are only righteous through the shed blood of Christ! Once we receive this crown we will just lay it down at His feet for He alone is the only One worth to be King!

So do you want a crown? There is nothing stopping you! Surrender all to Jesus today!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment