Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My troubles are nothing!

Sorry I have missed a few days! I have had to replace a sewer line at my house and found I had some drainage problems too! Have you ever started a job and figured it was gonna take a certain amount of time and then got into the work and found out it was gonna take atleast twice as long as what you had figured? That is this job! My yard is tore up! We hit a gas line. We hit a power line. The leaves caught fire. It has been comical at times. The concrete we had to break turned out to be 8 inches instead of 4! I could go on and on but you get the picture. I praise God that no one got hurt and the main part of the job is done....just lots of yard work now. I tell you all this because I am pretty sure you have been in this same boat at some point. It brought to mind this verse:


2 Corinthians 4:17

17 Our troubles are small. They last only for a short time. But they are earning for us a glory that will last forever. It is greater than all our troubles.

We may have troubles. They only last for a short time. My troubles in last few days are over. Here is where the lessoon is for today. How did I handle these problems? Neighbors were watching. My kids were watching. God was watching. When things go wrong did I rant and rave and cuss??? No. Even in the truobles of life we are to represent Christ. Was I upset? Yes. Did I ask ...why me? Yes. You see when we have problems all we have to do is look around and we can see that someone elses problems are far worse than mine. Sickness, cancer, death of a love one, ect. My problems are nothing compared to these problems. The rest of the verse above tells us that when we endure our problems the way Christ has taught us we are earning a glory that will last forever and that is where we need to keep our focus through the hard times....on our heavenly home where there will be no troubles.

Have a great day and keep your eyes on Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment