Friday, March 12, 2010

One of my Prayers.

I have read this verse and heard many preachers preach on this many time. Read it below:


2 Timothy 4:7

7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Paul is telling Timothy here about the life Paul has lived. This is one of my own prayers. I pray when my life comes to an end I can say these same words. Paul is not boasting here he is just stating a fact to young Timothy and pleading with him to live his life in the same manner. So let us examine what is being said here. "Fought the good fight", is there such a thing as a good fight. There sure is! We are in a Spiritual battle and as followers of Christ we have to battle every step of the way. From scriptures we can see there is no doubt Paul batteld all who were not of the way. We need to ask ourselves are we fighting the good fight? Next Paul says "I have finished the race". We are in a race in life to do all we can for Jesus. I want to say Paul did all he could and more but that would not be accurate. I bet Paul missed some opportunities after all he was human. But Paul did an amazing job and I would say He has done more than most for the Kingdom of God and He did finish the race. When we finish our race will we be happy with what we have done for our Lord and Savior? Finally Paul says "I have kept the faith". If anyone can say this it would be Paul. When we look at his life and the trials and tribulations he endured for his faith it is truly amazing. Beaten, imprisioned, ship wrecked, snake bit, persecuted and on and on. But yet this man said He counts all his sufferings as joy in serving the Lord!!! Wow! Paul kept the faith! Are we keeping the faith? We probabaly will never face what Paul did but we still struggle to keep the faith day in and day out. We can do it in the strength of Christ my friends!

So I pray today that you will join me in asking God to help us, fight the fight, finish the race, and keep the faith for the glory of the Father.

Have a blessed weekend and keep your eyes on Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment