Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I AM!!!

These verses are so powerful!

John 8:57-58
57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Here once again the Jews are trying to prove Jesus isn't who He says He is. Of course to the Jews Abraham was a leading figure in their faith and they were saying you claim to have seen Abraham? You have a demonl to say something like that!!! Read the previous verses to 57-58 to see that part. Then look how Jesus replies "before Abraham was, I AM! Wow! Those are some powerful words. Jesus has always been! Guess what happens next...the jews pick up some stones and are going to kill Him but He walks right through the middle of them and passes by. Jesus was protected by God.

What I want us to grasp this morning is who we are serving. The I AM. Jesus faced persecution everyday once He started his ministry. Jesus tells us plainly in His word that when we follow Him we will also face persecution. Let me tell you my friends it will all be worth it in the end! When we dwell with Jesus, The I AM, for ever and ever what we are going through now will be of little relevance.

So let me remind you this morning....live for the I AM today and you will never regret it for Jesus is coming soon....are you ready for the great I AM???

Pray my friends...we have so many who are not ready.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment