Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Denial!

I went to our local High School FCA meetimg this morning and the devotion brought to mind some thinking about this verse:

Luke 22:61

61 And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”

This is another one of those times when we look at Peter and say "How could you do this?" The first thing that popped into my mind was I am glad I will never deny my Lord. But as I thought about that I found that in reality I deny Jesus nearly everyday. You see everyday we have the opportunity to serve Jesus and live our lives according to the written Word. If we choose to follow Jesus we must tell others about Jesus and live sinless lives as we deny our fleshly desires. As I thought about this I found I deny Jesus daily. I don't witness everytime I have the opportunity and I don't uphold to every teaching of Christ every second. So in reality I deny my Christ the honor and devotion He deserves. As I sit hear writting this it breaks my heart to say these things but they are true. In verse 62 of this same chapter it says this:

Luke 22:62
62 So Peter went out and wept bitterly.

If it doesn't bother you to fail our King then you had better check your relationship with Him.When I fail Jesus it don't get any worse than that. The guilt is overwhelming...I know how Peter felt...do you?

The good news is we have a forgiving God, who wants us to get up confess our sin and get back to serving and worshipping Him with all we have! Thank you Jesus for forgivness!

Think about this one today, I will be prayinf for you.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment