Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Who are you trying to please?

Here is our verse today:

Galatians 1:10
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Paul was talking about the gospel previous to this verse. At this time people were changing the gospel to something other than the truth. The reason these folks were changing the gospel was to please man. So in this verse Paul was saying who am I trying to please God or man? It was very obvious in Paul's life he was going to try and please God no matter what man thought. Paul lived his life teaching the gospel according to the truth not to please man. Paul even tells us in this verse he is a slave(bondservant) of Christ.

So let us ask ourselves this morning...who am I trying to please? God or man. If we have to bend what the sriptures say in our day to day walk then we are trying to please man. If we stand by the Word of God no matter what others think we are trying to please God. My friends there are many out there who call themselves Christians who are perverting God's word pleasing man, they are not Christians. This is why God's word says narrow is the way and not many will enter!

So who are you trying to please God or man???

Praise the risen Savior today!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment