Thursday, March 25, 2010

How is your faith?

We must have faith in our walk with God. It is not an option. For many having faith in someone they have never seen is very hard. Let me ask you this morning how is your faith in God this morning?

Read this verse:

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

This verse is very powerful and imformative. In the first part of the verse it says we can not please God if we don't have faith. That is pretty straight forward and easy to understand isn't it? The verse goes on to expalin that if we come to God we must believe that He is. My brothers and sisters let me tell you this morning....God is! Look around...look at your children, look at nature, look at the universe, God is shouting to all of us I AM! Oh my friends I can not understand how folks can live a day without Jesus in their life. I remember how miserable I was...then I met Jesus and believed that He is and my life has never been the same. The peace God provides through faith is undescribable, you must expirience it for yourself. The verse goes on to say God rewards those who diligently seek Him. God knows those who are putting on a show and those who are truly following Him with everything they have to offer. God promises rewards to those who do seek Him. Now I just talked about the peace God gives and I believe that is part of the reward but the rewards more than we can comprehend we will receive when we get to heaven one of these days. What we gain here on earth are just bonuses because this is not our home!

So how is your faith this morning? Is it strong? Is it in the middle just kinda there? Or is it weak. Get on your knees and talk to God...He desires your conversation and wants a relationship with you. Get in His word! If you pray and read God's word I can promise you your faith will be strengthend.

Chcek this video out...what a powerful song about faith. It has become a favorite of mine.


http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=caaac134f59280ad991f

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment