Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reflections from Ecuador. #1

I have just returned from a mission trip to Ecuador. I was able to see many of my friends from a previous visit and made many new friends. My wife and I were talking about how hard it is to leave there because of the love we have for our friends and the people. Our hearts hurt in love for our friends. God laid some things on my heart there that I want to share the next few days....I pray they will speak to you also.



I was reading a book called "What Jesus demands from us." By John Piper. On of my days reading really spoke to me. It was reflecting on what Jesus says are the two greatest commandments. Here is the scripture:



Matthew 22:37-40



37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”



For today I just want you to read these verses very slowly and think about them. Let God speak to you through them. Evaluate your self. What is the key word or words in these verses?????



Tomorrow we will break them down! And I will talk about some of the things God revealed to me in Ecuador!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment