Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reflections from Ecuador. #2

While in Ecuador I was studying this verse over and over. I asked you yesterday to spend some time thinking about all of the verses in Matthew 22:37-40. Look at this verse again:



Matthew 22:37



37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’



As we were ministering to the people of Ecuador I had to ask myself ....am I living this verse everyday of my life? It is easy to do on a mission trip. But when I am at home and in the everyday routine, do I give everything to God? Is all of my heart into serving God? If I was honest I would say some days yes and some days no. God has blessed me so greatly and He deserves all of me in Ecuador and at home! What about my soul? It longs for heaven but some days it longs for the things of the world. It hurts to say that but it is true. When I take my eyes off of Jesus, that is when I mess up and my soul desires the things of the world. The solution is easy....stay focused on Christ! What about my mind? My mind wants Christ and desires Christ but yet again if I don't keep my thoughts in check, my mind wanders to worldly things. When this happens I am not loving God the way He desires! I pray this morning I will stay faithful and love God the way He deserves.......with ALLLLLL my heart, mind, and soul.



I found myself in Ecuador feeling sorry for the things they do not have that we have here. As I know think about it, it may be a blessing not to have many of the distractions we have here as it tends to pull us away from God not closer.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment