Friday, March 20, 2009

Lukewarm #13






I got up this mourning and rushed out to the woods to see if I could hear any turkeys gobbling ....I did far off but what a beautiful sunrise God blessed us with this morning and spending a little time with the Lord in prayer starts a day off great....I hope your Friday is awesome!

LUKEWARM PEOPLE are thankful for their luxuries and comforts, and rarely consider trying to give as much as possible to the poor. They are quick to point out, "Jesus never said money is the root of all evil, only that the love of money is." Untold numbers of lukewarm people feel "called" to minister to the rich; very few feel "called" to minister to the poor.

"Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.....I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for Me." Matt. 25:34,40.

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter----when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?"

Wow most of the days when I write these devotions the Word of God is abusing me! I fall so short in many areas in my walk with God. I may do many of God's commands to a degree but I am not totally sold out to Him. Today's subject is one of those areas. Sure I have given to some homeless folks, and I sponsor a Compassion International child named Lourdes, and I am involved in my local food pantry but is that enough. I don't think so. God has bless me so much and I don't deserve one bit of it!!! His great love for me is demonstrated everyday.and then when I think about Jesus gave His life form me...it is too much for me to fully comprehend. God expects you and I to be giving out of our abundance daily. I know for a fact I don't do that. One thought that comes to mind of many folks including me is well their are alot of con artists out there who take advantage of those who give. That's right there is! BUT we need to let God judge and handle that we are to sharing the blessings God has given us and if we really get right down and think about it how many times are we the con artists with God...OUCH!

So my brothers and sisters let us give and give freely for God has given to us more than we can ever give to others!

I love you all in the Lord...Have a great weekend!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment