Friday, March 13, 2009

Lukewarm #8

LUKEWARM PEOPLE sat they love Jesus, and He is, indeed, a part of their lives. But only a part. They give Him a section of their time, their money, and their thoughts, but He isn't allowed to control their lives.

"As they were walking along the road, a man said to Him, 'I will follow you wherever you go.' Jesus replied, 'Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.' He said to another man, 'Follow Me.' But the man replied, 'Lord first let me go and bury my father.' Jesus said to him, 'Let the dead bury their own, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.' Still another said, 'I will follow you Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family.' Jesus replied, 'No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.'"

WOW take a moment and think about what you just read. Jesus is basically telling us that following Him is no walk in the park. It even sounds very harsh in what Jesus is saying but Jesus wants to be Lord of our life in all areas! My Pastor, Mark Warren, has preached to us many times that we are guilty of putting our lives in compartments. For instance we have family, church, work, hobbies, spouses, money, ect. We tell Jesus ok you can be Lord of my life at church but when it comes to my money...ahh I will take care of that or Jesus you can be Lord outside of work but at work I have got to handle things. That is not what Jesus wants and that is not what we should do. Jesus is Lord over all of our life and that is what he desires. This is very hard for us...I know. We always want to keep our hands on the steering wheel but to live the life Jesus desires for us take our hands off the steering wheel and as Carrie Underwood sings let "Jesus take the Wheel". You will never experience life to the fullest and receive all the blessings God has in store for you until you do!!

Chew on this devotion a little today...it is worth thinking about!

Have a great weekend! Talk to ya on Monday!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment