Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ten Commandments #1




Good Tuesday morning everyone. I had an amazing day yesterday! I killed my first turkey. It was a great morning and I just praise God for allowing me to enjoy a beautiful morning and to harvest a bird. I hope you had a good day yesterday too!

Now for the devotion.

Commandment number one says: "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."

I wonder if it bothered God to have to tell us that He is God?? I have a hard time understanding how people can deny the that there is a God. It seems to me if people will just open their eyes it easy to see God all around us. Creation itself shouts praises to the Creator God! So not only did God feel it was important to remind us He is Our God but He also need to remind us what He has done for us. Israel needed to be reminded what He had done by bringing them out of the bondage of slavery in Egypt and now was going to be lead to the promise land although this generation would not make it the next would. God has brought us out of bondage too! If you have received forgiveness of your sin through the blood of Jesus Christ you have been freed from the slavery of sin!! Thank you Jesus!!! I hope and pray God doesn't have to remind us of that very often! Now God is leading us to the promise land, an eternity in heaven. Wow we are so unworthy. Thank you Jesus for making us worthy by your death on the cross.

I want to challenge you this morning to look at Israel's journey. Often we we laugh at the disobedience and laugh and say I can't believe they would turn their backs on God like that, but when we examine it closer we are just like them...stubborn and hardheaded! It is a shame God has to remind us of Himself but it is a blessing He loves us enough to do so!!!

Have a great day in the Lord!!!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment