Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lukewarm #4


Good Monday morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. This mornings devotion is really something to chew on. It is amazing how God works because my pastor preached on this very thing yesterday. So here we go!

LUKEWARM PEOPLE don't really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin. They don't genuinely hate sin and aren't truly sorry for it; they're merely sorry because God is going to punish them. Lukewarm people don't really believe that this new life Jesus offers is better than the old sinful one.

" I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly." John 10:10b)

" What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?"

I think we all need to ask ourselves these same questions. Do I really hate sin? Or are we just scared of the punishment of sin? If we truly hate sin won't we try our very best to flee from it? I know we all sin from time to time but ask yourself this morning am I honestly striving each and everyday to live my life like my Lord and Savior did....sinless? When we dabble back and forth in sin with little thought to it we are living dangerously and causing the grace of our Lord to be of lesser value. If we died to our sin then we need to live victoriously and strive to perfection. I have been on both sides of the street. Deep in sin....and deep in love with Christ...and there is no doubt Jesus gave me life and now I am living life to the fullest....not because of anything I have done but only by His grace and mercy. Thank you Jesus and may we all be totally sold out for you not trying to have the best of both worlds!

Talk you tomorrow....have a blessed day in the Lord.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment