Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lukewarm


Today I am going to start a series of thoughts on this title. I recently read a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan that talked about living our lives that is crazy in love for Jesus. So much so that we are overwhelmed by that love and when we would compare our lives to the world it would look crazy.

Sadly today to many folks who call themselves Christians are what the Bible calls lukewarm. God warns against this very thing in Revelation 3:15-16 when He says " I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth." Wow I don't think God can get any more straight forward than that with us. As I was thinking about this I could think of many people I know who call themselves Christians but fit right into this lukewarmness the Lord has just describe and God says it makes him SICK!!!!! Now I am not hear to judge anybody but I am here to point out some things from God's word to help make each of us think including myself as to where we stand with God in our lives. So here we go I hope you come along for the ride and share it with your friends and please comment freely!!!

For several days I am going to describe lukewarm people to you as given by the word of God and by Francis Chan's " book crazy love and from my own personal view.....so here we go!

LUKEWARM PEOPLE attend church fairly regularly. It is what is expected of them, what they believe "good Christians" do, so they go.

Isa. 29:13 "The Lord says: These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men."

Heb. 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Have you ever noticed how Sunday night services are about one quarter the size of Sunday morning?? Some churches have even stopped Sunday night services because nobody was coming. When I was saved I wanted to be at church everytime the doors were open and I still do. Today we think we have done our duty if we make Sunday mornings. Wake up people!!! It don't get any better than worshiping God with our brothers and sisters in Christ EVERY chance we get! Instead I hear folks come up with all kinds of reasons why they should stay home. Desperate Housewives is NOT a good reason or Nascar and yes I am a fan of Nascar. I hear we don't have time with our kids during the week...well make some!!! Most of the time even if you stay home your not spending with your kids anyway as they are in their rooms playing video games and you are in the living room tuned into the t.v.! What better place to spend time with your kids than in church worshiping the true and living God!

Well that is it for today, evaluate yourselves and let me have it on what you think!

Jesus loves you and so do I! Have a great day!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment