Monday, March 16, 2009

Lukewarm #9

Good Monday Morning everyone! Wow what an incredible weekend I had with my youth worshiping God. We went to Acquire th fire Friday in Nashville and it was awesome and very challenging. The Sunday night we went to Winter Jam in Nashville and boy did we praise the Lord! Toby Mac brought the house down. Well enough of that lets get into our devotion for today. I am afraid what we discuss today describes most Christians today...ask yourself....Do I love God with everything I have??!!!

LUKEWARM PEOPLE love God, but they do not love Him with all their heart, soul, and strength. They would be quick to assure you they they try to love God that much, but that sort of total devotion isn't really possible for the average person; it's only for the pastors and missionaries and radicals.

" Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment."

I would say if Jesus tells us the is the GREATEST commandment then He made it possible for all of us to do. Why do we think that pastors or missionaries some how have more of God then what the average church member can have. I am a pastor and trust me....God has given me no more than He has given you. He doesn't show favorites. The problem is many Christians just can't or I should say won't give all they have to love God. It takes effort and commitment and we have become very lazy in our relationship with God! Oh how I can't stress enough this morning my brothers and sisters we aren't living life to the fullest until we give God all of our love through our minds, our hearts and our strengths. Oh how God loves you and me this great Monday morning....as you spend time in prayer this morning maybe God is calling you to rededicate your life to Him this morning....saying " God I am done giving you my seconds, today I am giving you everything". God is waiting to hear those words and then for you to live those words out in your life. If you have never given your life to Christ....do it today!!! You will never live life the way God has in store for you until you totally surrender your life to Him. If you need help in doing this it would be my honor to help you just send me a note. God bless each of you today and remember Love God with everything you got...He is the only one who truly deserves it!

In Christian love...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment