Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lukewarm #2


First I need to clarify something from yesterday. I may have sounded kinda harsh on the Sunday evening worship when I know there are other churches who gather in small groups on Saturdays and others gather at other times of the week. My point was if we are only gathering on Sunday Mornings and think we have done God a favor there is something wrong in our lives and we need to see how our relationship with Christ really is. There should be a desire to spend time with God and believes in Worship.

Ok now on to today! This can be very tricky one! With the economy in shambles our money is very scarce! So today's lesson may be even more difficult for us than ever!

LUKEWARM PEOPLE give money to charity and to the church.....as long as it doesn't impinge on their standard of living. If they have a little extra and it is easy and safe to give, they do so. Afetr all, God loves a cheerful giver, right?

King David replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying the full price. I will not take for the Lord what is yours, or sacrifice a burnt offering that costs me nothing." 1 Chron. 21:24

"As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. I yell you the thruth, He said, this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on"

As I thought on this I will have to say I am guilty as charged. Compared to the rest of the world we are filthy rich! I read once if we have a job, have food on the table, a roof over our head, and clothes on our back then we are in the top 4% of the richest people in the world!!!

Why then do we give God the very least we can. Everything we have is God's and he expects us to share with others. Do we really trust God??? Even in hard times??? I have seen time and time again being on staff at church that when times get hard people quit giving which says God I don't trust you to get me through. I can honestly say since I learned to give to God I have never been without things I need. Matter of fact I can say anyone that I know who has given to God have never been without things they need. Notice I did not say wants I said needs.

In closing today I will admit I must trust and give more than I am. God put us here to share and help take care of others and show the love of Christ....so how are you doing?

God bless and have an awesome weekend....and hey tell somebody about Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment