Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ten Commandments


Today I am starting a new series as I am sure you notice called the Ten Commandments. The commandments are so important for Christians. The first reason is it is a guide by which God has given us to live our lives by. I hope each day you will examine yourself and see how you are doing in lining up to God's commands. The second reason is it is a great witnessing tool. When you tell somebody about Jesus if we will take them through the 10 commandments it easy to show that person how we have broken every commandment and need redemption through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So lets look at some scripture.

Jesus said..."Do not think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. Matt.5:17

Jesus said..."Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matt.5:19

I have heard many folks over the years make comments that we are not under the law anymore but under grace...which is true and it is false. Let me explain. We are still to live by the Ten Commandments and some other commandments that Jesus gave but we are also not held by the old sacrificial systemwhich was part of the law as Jesus replaced that by the ULTIMATE sacrifice....Himself on the cross for our sin.

I have not found any place in the Bible that tells us that the ten commandments are null and void. I believe we should look at them often. It should help us strive to keep our lives in order. It should also humble us daily as we see how often we fall short of what God expects from His people. Jesus Christ was fulfillment of the ten commandments as He is the ONLY ONE who ever kept the commandments perfectly.

So I hope you will join me as we look at each commandment and examine our lives to see how well we are holding up the Word of God.

God bless you my friends...Tom

p.s....I am posting this on Sunday for Monday as I will be on vacation tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment