Monday, March 23, 2009

Lukewarm #14


God is good isn't He!!! What an awesome weekend! We started Revival Services yesterday at church and boy did God do some speaking. Oh how he loves you and me!! I hope your Monday is off to a good start, lets jump into today's lesson.

LUKEWARM PEOPLE do whatever is necessary to keep themselves from feeling to guilty. They want to do the bare minimum, to be "good enough" without it requiring too much of them.

They ask, "How far can I go before it's considered a sin?" instead of "How can I keep myself pure as a temple of the Holy Spirit?"

Why do we get as close to the edge of the cliff instead of not even attempting to get close of the edge?? If we continue to try this eventually we will fall off the edge...so strive not to even get close!!!

They ask, "How much do I have to give?" instead of "How much can I give?"

Why do we give as little as possible when we have been blessed so much???

They ask. "How much time should I spend praying and reading my Bible?" instead of "I wish I didn't have to go to work, so I could sit here and read longer!"

Oh how we need a desire for God's word and to spend some quality time in it often!!!

"But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand." 1 Chron. 29:14

"The Kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matt. 13:44-46

The right life with God pretty much comes down to this....give God all you got....it is His anyways you are just borrowing it....and He will bless you with more than you can imagine....Don't believe me....try it and then tell me I am wrong!!!!

Have a great Monday in the Lord!!!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment