Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Are you anxious??

The youth group and myself had a great day in God's wonderful creation. We went to Nashville shores. Yeah I know suffering for Jesus...haha! Thank you Jesus!! Now onto the devotion.

Keep in mind as you read this scripture Paul is writing this from prison!

Philippians 4:6

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I believe if I was in prison I may be a little anxious to get out of there! I want you to take a moment and evaluate your life right now. What are you anxious about? Is it your job? Your children? Or maybe your relationship with your husband and wife. What ever it is Paul tells us how to solve the situation. Bath the situation in prayer and supplication. Prayer is talking to God just like I am talking to you. Pour yourself out to Him. That is what He wants. A relationship with you. I know it is hard to believe the Almighty God wants to a relationship with you or me but it is true! I want to share something with you to help you in your prayer life that will help you keep from just being selfish in your prayers. Use the word ACTS to help you pray. This is how it works.

A----Stands for adoration. Tell God how you adore Him. Call out ways you adore Him such as comforter, refuge, peacemaker, Almighty, ect. Basically just let Him know how much you adore Him.

C----Stands for confession. Confess to God where you failed Him. Be honest and let it go....He knows anyway but wants you to confess it daily. You will be amazed at how much more pure your relationship with Him will be.

T----Stands for Thanksgiving. Thank God for all that He has blessed you with. When you do this it will humble you greatly knowing how good God really is!

S----Stands for supplication. This is where we pray for a lack of better words petition God for ourselves and for others. Humbly pour your requests to God and then believe He will answer the way that is best for He is God!!!

I hope this may help you, as it has me in my prayer life. It helps keep you focused and not just concerned with self.

Verse 6 tells us we need to make our requests made known to God! He wants to hear them. That is some great news for us today!

Verse 7 is something that I have learned in my Christian life about prayer and anxiousness. When we truly turn it over to God no matter what it is God gives you a peace that is undescribable. I honestly can't tell you how many times this peace has been provided to me. Here is the key....you have to give it to God and let go of it. Trust me He can handle it. Also remember His answer may not be what you are expecting but God always knows best!!!

This lesson has really encouraged me and reminded me of some things this morning..thank you Jesus. I pray it does the same for you.

Have a great day in the Lord....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment