Monday, August 3, 2009

Are you gentle?

Good Monday morning to all. This is a verse I know I need to continually work on. Here it is:


Philippians 4:5

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Seems very simple huh? We live in a very harsh tough world where everyone is out for themselves and it don't matter who gets in the way! When we examine this verse that kind of thinking goes down the drain real fast. We are to be gentle to all men.

gen⋅tle

1. kindly; amiable: a gentle manner.
2. not severe, rough, or violent;

Do these words describe you? They sure describe Jesus and that is what our life is to be all about. I know for myself I would not describe myself as gentle and that is why it is a constant work for me. To be an effective witness for the Lord being gentle with the Word can sometimes be the key to bringing that person to Jesus. So are you known as being gentle to all men? If you are a man reading this word it sounds kinda funny to us to even say that doesn't it? That is because that's what the world has taught us! Being gentle doesn't mean being a wimp matter of fact it takes more strength to be gentle then it does just to fly off the handle all the time!

The verse ends with the Lord is at hand...remember Jesus can come at any time and we all want to have our lives conformed as close as we can with the Word of God so let me ask again...are you gentle?

Have a great week...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment