Friday, August 14, 2009

Satisfied???





This morning was beautiful morning! I got up and went fishing with a couple of friends. The sun came up and the fish bass were biting. I can honestly say I was satisfied with my morning. To be honest it was the best bass fishing morning I have ever had so I was more than satisfied I was estatic!!! So as we look at the verse for today ask your self is my soul satisfied???

Psalm 63

5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

What does satisfied mean? Here is the definition: 1. content: 2. completely paid

Wow I like both of these. The word content is good as we think about our spititual lives. To be content one must be in good satnding with God. How does one do that? Accept Jesus Christ as the one who completely paid for our sins! Did you catch that the second defintion of satsifaction. Jesus completely paid for our sins and then and only then can we truly be satisifed spiritually. To complete the thought of David he used the words marrow and fatness. Marrow is defined as rich and nutritious food. Good food satisfies us doesn't it? That is what David was trying to convey. Fatness just expands that thought even further as it is defined as richness; fertility; abundance.

This morning I was praising the Lord do the crisp, cool, beautiful sunrise, bass biting morning. I was having a joyful morning with good Christian friends and a God who loves me. What more could I ask for?? Even if I had been at work or wherever I am satisfied with my God! And I will praise Him. What a Mighty God we serve.

So today can you praise God with satisfaction? I sure can. No matter what our circumstances we can say The Lord is good!

Have a great weekend my brothers and sisters!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment