Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Better than life!

Psalm 63:3

3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.

I want you to do something this morning. Think for two or three minutes on the first part of this verse "your loving kindness is better than life. Then I want you to answer this question.....Can you honestly say that in your life right now. God doesn't want the Sunday school answer He wants the truth...He knows your heart anyway!

What is lovingkindness? Let us break it down. Love is a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. I am not sure we have words in our language to describe how much God loves us. I always like to say if you have children would you give that child for me to save me from hell? Or how about Charlie Manson would you give your child for him? Well God gave His Son for me, Charlie and you....now that is love. Then there is kindness. Which is the act of being a friendly, generous, or warm-hearted nature. That describes Jesus. Jesus was friendly to all and that should be an example to us. Jesus was generous he always gave what He could and then offered up His life for all...now that is generous! Jesus was warm-hearted or compassionate. We hurt Him with sin everyday but He is still seeking us to have that relationship with Him. Why??? Because He cares about us deeply.

In this life of ours we seek out all kinds of things to make us happy. I am living proof that things will not make you happy. The only thing in life that will satisfy you is the loving-kindness of Jesus. He wants to fill that void in your life that only He can fill. Give Him a try I promise you will never regret it. Then your lips shall do as David's did "my lips shall praise you." Jesus my lips shall praise you too and you alone are worthy of that praise!!! Jesus you are better than life itself! What are your lips praising this morning?

Have an awesome day...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment