Monday, August 10, 2009

God....are you seeking Him?

Good Monday morning. I greeted at the High School doors this morning as the kids arrived. Some were excited and some were not. The first day of school. I was thinking this morning...Are the kids their seeking an education or just because they are forced to go?? This brought me to this passage this morning:

Psalm 63
A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
1 O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.


Are we seeking God? Or do we follow God as a duty? Or maybe not at all....drop outs! Psalm 63 is a dandy. I like how David starts out You are my God! Can you say that this morning? We should want to shout it from the roof tops!! David goes onto say early I will seek you. As I write this it is only 9:00 a.m. Have you searched out God this morning? Stop and do it now if you have not. We need to start our day with God!! David says his soul thirsts for God. To be honest all our souls have a thirst for God. We will not have the peace only God can fill is we are not filling this thirst with Jesus Christ. He is the only thing that will satisfy this thirst...the Living Water! David continues and says his flesh longs for God. To me that means David had his heart right with God at this point. For our flesh in it's natural environment does not long for God but the world. So David was right with God.....is your flesh right with God? A good check on that is to see where your desires lie. Are you desiring Godly things or the things that the world has laid out there for us. If you are wondering what those things the world is offering you better dive into your Bible because that is where God tells us!!

David goes onto tell us we live in a dry and thirsty land. Oh how I love the Word of God and how it is still alive and on the money for us today! Are we in a dry and thirsty land...you bet your bottom dollar we are. The world is dying of thirst and the water(Jesus Christ) is right there in front of them! What more can God do for us?? Absolutely nothing. Thank you Jesus!

Take time today and thin about this opening verse in Psalm 63. It should really speak to us!

Have a great Monday!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment