Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thank you for helping me Jesus!

Help, help, help! Have you ever noticed how much we ask God for help? Read the verse for today as you think about that.

Psalm 63:7

7 Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.

I don't know about you but when I sit down and think about my prayer life I can honestly say I ask for help way more than I praise the living God. I would hate to have to put a percentage on it but if I had to I would say 90% requesting help, and 10 % priase. I am not even sure that is accurate. Think about your own life for a moment and how would your percentages come out?

Here in Psalm 63:7 David says "you have been my help". Thank you Jesus because you have been my help too! In all situations Jesus has been my help. Yes even when God did not answer my prayer like I wanted I can say God helped me. I can not count the times that situations I have prayed for turned out for the good even though it was not what I was asking for....God always knows best. Also there have been times where things have not turned out for the best in my eyes but you know what??? I have to trust my God because I know without a shadow of a doubt HE KNOWS BEST!

David goes on to say in verse 7 that because God is my help in the shadow of God's wings he will rejoice. The picture of being in the shadow of God's wings is a picture of protection. Isn't that a great comfort to know that! Just like a bird has to totally rely on it's mother for protection we muct do the same with God. Like I said before God knows best and we must always remember that. We too like David need to rejoice in the protection of the Father and how He continually helps us even though we don't deserve it!

Thank Jesus for all the blessings You bestow upon a sinner like me. You alone deserve all the honor, praise, and glory!!

Have a great day!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment