Friday, August 7, 2009

You need....God gives

Good Friday to all. Let's read our scriptures this morning.


Philippians 4:14-20

14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. 15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. 18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

What I want you to take away from these verses this morning is God will supply for your needs. There are two main points I want you to see here though.

1. Paul was working full force for God and His Kingdom.

God takes care of His own. I am of full belief that God provided for Paul and meet every need that Paul had and he will do the same for you and I. But you must put your belief and trust in Jesus. When we put our trust in Jesus we should automatically start working for the Lord. Small steps t first and then increase along the way. The book of James says "faith without works is dead." Paul's faith was certainly not dead. Ask yourself this question this morning....is my faith dead?

2. God said He would meet his needs not his wants.

A need is what is needed to survive. Think of all the things Paul could have thought was a need but learned it was not like....not being physically harmed(He was beaten many times), physical health(he had some kind of health problem but God did not heal it), release from prison(he spent a long time here), and the list can go on. In our minds many of these things would be needs but not to God or Paul. God made sure He had food and water. The churches helped provide sometimes for Paul.

As I think on this this morning it sure does remind me of how blessed I am. Wow. I am so unworthy. So many things I pray about are not needs. Lord help me to have just a portion of will to serve you that Paul did.

Take time and really think about this lesson...it has smacked me right in the face.

Have a good weekend and serve the King!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment