Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hold me up!

Here we are half way through another week! Time flies when you are havin fun! Here is today's verse:

Psalm 63:8

8 My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.

I pray we all can say what David says in the first half of this verse. It takes effort that is for sure. To stay close to God as the world tugs and pulls for our attention we must be strong in our faith for our soul to follow God closly. Daily prayer and Bible study is a must to stay close behind God. I like that thought behind God too. If you are anything like me I have to be very careful of not getting in front of God and try to lead the way my way! God is our guide and leader. He is the one who is to be directing our lives. Stop right here and evaluate yourself...is God the leader in your life or are you?

Then David tells us God upholds him. Oh what a picture this is. Does God uphold you? I know He does me. Day by day God gets me through. The other day a lady from our church said she wondered how when people go through difficulties in life like death of a loved one or serious sickness how they ever make it through without Jesus in their lives. I agreed because I don't see how any one does it. I need Jesus to hold me up and He has never let me down yet...thank you Jesus!

So if you are having trouble standing today and you need help ask Jesus He will be there when no one else is!

God bless you all...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment