Monday, August 17, 2009

Bed!

I hope you had a great weekend and took time to worship the living God! Here is today's verse:

Psalm 63:6

6 When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.

Ahhh nothing like your own bed huh? When you go away on a trip and have to sleep in a different bed if you are like me you just don't sleep very well. But when you get home and get in your own bed it feels so good! Well this morning David tells us something else that feels so good to do in your own bed....remember God! This even feels good in a bed when away from home. I hope you take time to thankl God for the day every night. No matter what has happened that day. He deserves our praises.

David hoes on to say he meditates on God in the night watches. This could refer to two things as a soldier some will have to saty up through the night to keep guard. As one would keep guard what better way to spend the night then meditating on God? It could also mean when David would wake in the night He would turn his attention to God. Has God ever spoken to you in the middle of the night? He has me. Sometimes God wakes us because He has something to say to us so be ready to listen.

As I close for today let me ask you something. Have you ever fallen asleep praying to God? I have and felt guilty for it. I have come to the conclusion we should not feel guilty if we fall asleep praying. If you have children and they have fallen asleep in your arms you know how precious that is and what a feeling of closeness you feel with your child at that moment. I think God feels the same with us. We are talking with our heavenly Father and fall asleep in His loving arms. Can it get any better than that??? I think not.

Have a great Monday!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment