Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grumbling against the Lord.

Do we really trust God? Think about it for a moment. In the verse below, Moses has just lead Israel out of Egyptian bondage. They have complained several times already. At the Red Sea, thinking they were going to be killed before they crossed. God provided. They were thirsty. God provided. Now this time they are hungry and complained to Moses and Aaron. This is Moses and Aaron's response:



Exodus 16:7



7 and in the morning you shall see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against the LORD. For what are we, that you grumble against us?”



It made me sit back and think this morning. Do I grumble against the Lord? At first thought I said "no" but as I think about it more I have to say "yes". It may not be a right out complaint but I do see things that I think I need or always think I need more money. God's Word is clear that we are to be content with where we are:



Philippians 4:11

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:





In all things, and no matter the situation be content and trust the Lord. He loves you and will take care of you. The question for us is do we believe it?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment