Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Think before you speak!

Just a quick thought this morning on this verse:



Proverbs 29:20





20 Do you see a man who is hasty in his words?

There is more hope for a fool than for him.



As I have aged I have learned the value of this proverb. When I was young I would speak my mind and did not care what others thought. It seemed I always thought I was right....sound familiar? With the guidance of God's Word I have been taught that speaking quickly can be a problem. It can cause damage to others and believe it or not we can be wrong! haha God 's Word teaches over and over again to think before we open our mouths. It teaches to be slow to speak which implies we should know the truth in a matter before we open our mouths. It also says to be humble. So talking just to try to show we are right may not always be in our best interest! The one exception to this may be in our faith. When someone is questioning teaching a falsehood about our God it is our duty to stand strong BUT we are to do it in love not pride!



So this morning let us ask ourselves.....are we quick to open our mouths? Don't be foolish and keep it shut!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment