Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why me?

Have you ever had one of those mornings when you have things to do (like work) and one of your children is sick and you think why me oh Lord? Well this is one of those mornings! But then it hit me....it could be so much worse. God brought it to my attention real quick of others who are suffering in so many ways. This little bump in the road is nothing in comparison. These verses came to mind:



Psalm 34:7-9

7 The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him,

And delivers them.

8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;

Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints!

There is no want to those who fear Him.

I trust my Lord with all my heart! He has blessed me with much more than I deserve. It was the selfish desires of my own heart that popped out first thing this morning and now I must repent of that! God has blessed me with two wonderful children and I need to keep that in the front of my mind at all times. I think of my friend Scott Saeger this morning who son Matthew is battling so hard this morning to get well from his brain surgery. We are blessed with God's gift of children, may we never take these gifts for granted. I thank God this morning for children.

So this morning are you thankful for another day? If a bump in the raod appears will you still praise our King? Most of the time if we just get self out of the way we see God's bigger picture and it is so much more than I!!!!!!!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment