Friday, February 10, 2012

Laziness will cost you!

I am trying to read a chapter of proverbs everyday. They will speak volumes to you that is for sure. This morning what grabbed my attention were the two verse about laziness...here they are:



Proverbs 20:4





4 The lazy man will not plow because of winter;

He will beg during harvest and have nothing.



Proverbs 20:13





13 Do not love sleep, lest you come to poverty;

Open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with bread.



The proverbs are full of verses that talk about laziness. God is clearly warning us about being lazy. First lets think about the unspiritual side of laziness. These verse make it clear we are to work to provide for ourselves and our families. The first thing that pops into my mind is welfare. As a nation we have created a society that expects the government to take care of them instead of finding a job. This is clearly wrong. Let me be clear, I am not opposed to helping folks in need out but in the same breath I am opposed to helping those who do not want to try to help themselves. Gods word clearly shows us we are to work to provide! When we do we will have enough to get by.



Now on the spiritual side, I want you to think about feeding your soul. Are you working on that. These verses can also very well speak to that. Do we neglect the bread of life....the word of God? Are we working to feed our souls on the worship of God by spending time with Him in Bible reading, prayer, and worship services? When we neglect these things because of laziness or just plain don't want to it will lead to poverty of the soul. That my friends is very dangerous!



If any of these areas are you or me, only we can change it.....don't be lazy!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment