Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Keeping the Word!

This verse really spoke to me, I hope it does you too!



John 17:6

6 “I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.



Now Jesus was praying to the Father in the hearing of His disciple shortly he would be arrested and crucified. A few things I want to point out in this verse.



First, we see Jesus says he was making clear( manifested) the name of God to those God gave Him out of the world. We also need to make clear the name of God and who He is to the world. How much do you talk about God? Do you tell folks what God has done for you? This should be a way of life for us for He deserves the glory and honor! Jesus also talks about people whom the Father gave Him....these folks are those who become followers of Christ! Isn't it awesome to know God gave us to Jesus?!!!!!



Second, Jesus repeats you "gave them to me". When you give something of value to someone it is a gift. We are gifts from the Father to Jesus! Ever thought about yourself as a gift to Jesus? Well me either til yesterday! We become gifts to Jesus when we give our lives to Him!



Third, and this is the point that really hit home to me...."they have kept your Word!" Now specifically Jesus is referring to the disciples here but it also pertains to us. Think about it, the disciples were far from being perfect. They made many mistakes greed, selfishness, pride, to just name a few. BUT they were striving hard to keep the Word of God. This is key for us. We will make mistakes but is it our desire and habit to strive to keep God's Word? Jesus gave them credit for it even though they were not perfect.



Think about this today my brothers and sisters, keep God's Word, don't compromise, it will do the soul good!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment