Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I was a fool today!

Read this verse:



Ecclesiastes 7:9

Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.



So I got this bill from a cable/internet provider yesterday. I have been dealing with them for several months. I keep getting the same story "It is all taken care of"! Have you ever been there? So this morning I had decided in my anger that I was gonna take care of it this time. Somebody was going to feel my wrath! Ever been there? So I made the call and guess what happened? The sweetest woman answered. I told her right away i want to speak with a supervisor. She replies in a calm voice "Do you mind if I try to help you?" I reply "I have been told that several times now and also been told it is taken care of!" She says well let see what I can do. So I tell the story from the beginning. She starts looking and finds errors and fixes them. She tells me I understand why you are mad. She then gives me her name and number, where she is located, days she works, and proceeds to tell me if this doesn't fix the problem which it should to call her back directly and she will handle it. WOW! Somebody who actually takes pride in their job and wants to take care of the customer. I proceeded to tell her that I wanted to go off on someone today but her attitude would not allow me to do that to her. She laughed and said she would take that as a compliment.



So the moral of this story is God taught me another lesson today. Anger can control you. It did me this morning. We must practice self-control for when we do not we become a fool. I was a fool this morning but God showed me the error of my ways. We must be humble enough to learn when God shows us our stupidity!~



Ever been where I was this morning? Did you act in a way that is pleasing to God? No better time to start than today!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment