Monday, February 27, 2012

Jesus loves you anyway!

The lyrics to this song "You love me anyway" are awesome...listen to the link below:



http://youtu.be/y8BBCYFAYRI



Here is the chorus to the song really think about what it is saying:



I am the thorn in Your crown

But You love me anyway

I am the sweat from Your brow

But You love me anyway

I am the nail in Your wrist

But You love me anyway

I am Judas’ kiss

But You love me anyway

See now, I am the man who yelled out from the crowd

For Your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking

ground

Yes then, I turned away with a smile on my face

With this sin in my heart tried to bury Your grace

And then alone in the night, I still called out for You

So ashamed of my life, my life, my life

But You love me anyway

It’s like nothing in life that I’ve ever known



This song really speaks to me. We turn out back on Jesus so often. We are the reason those thorns were shoved on his head. We are the reason He allowed the nails to be drove in His hands. We are Judas's kiss....wow!



But Jesus loves us anyway! It just makes me want to fall to my knees in praise and thankfulness as I am so unworthy of His love.



Romans 8:38-39



38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.



Ephesians 2:3-5



3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),



1 John 4:7

[ Knowing God Through Love ] Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God



1 John 4:8

He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.



1 John 4:10

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins



1 John 4:16

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.



1 John 5:3

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.



This morning I ask you just soak in God's love. Knowing how much He loves you no matter what your past is!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment